Monday 7 December 2009

There's no place like home

It's great being here at my parents'. The only downside is that Steve is still in Jhb but I'll be seeing him this weekend so I'm looking forward to that.

There's a lot still to do for the wedding but stupidly I left all the bits I bought for it in England with the other bridesmaid Erika to bring in her car (my sister and I flew and our baggage allowance would never have accommodated it all). She's arriving this weekend too, it's just a pity she has all the things that still need to be worked on and now I'm sitting here on the other side of the country twiddling my thumbs! For example, there are 130 flat packed favour boxes and lids that need to be folded. Oh well, we'll find a way.

Otherwise it's just eating good food, drinking lots of wine and chilling in the sun by the pool with three of my favourite people in the world. It's such a blessing to be in the same country as them again, we're a close family and the distance has always been hard on all of us.

I got my first sunburn on Saturday; my mother and sister kept warning me about the sun but frankly, even though I am usually extremely careful about the sun, I was sick and tired of being ghostly pale. So now I'm slightly red but that should fade to a decent brown soon.

2 comments:

Keo said...

*Matt puts on his millionth layer of clothing and still shivers*
SO jealous of your warm weather!

Glad to know you're doing well though dear. Enjoy the good times :)

Anonymous said...

The sun in Africa is not the same one that is shinning in UK or what cousin

Post a Comment